Yesterday evening I was tagged in a Leibster Award Meme by http://craftsonsea.co.uk/ . I was really surprised and chuffed that she thought of nominating me. So thankyou Lady! Do check out her blog, it is really good and has inspired me to knuckle down with mine.
These are the questions that were set down for me to answer. I will do my best.
1. What do you love most about blogging?
Since I started blogging in Feb I have really started to think about everything I do. It motivates me to always be pushing forward, teach myself new things and to stop procrastinating and start writing. It has also given me the confidence that what I have to say is valid, interesting or thought-provoking to at least one person, but it doesn’t matter if no one reads it. To me it is a record of achievements and debacles and like me a work in progress with plenty of room for improvement.
2. What drives you absolutely barmy about it?
I would say the thing that drives me barmy is the pressure I put on myself at times. I have a worry just before I press the publish button that it is not good enough or someone might be offended. Then I have a worry after I have pressed publish for the same reasons. It is getting easier though.
3. What was the last thing that you read that made you think “I wish I had written that”
I read this post last week and without a doubt this is the one where “I thought I wish I had written that”
I have been thinking for sometime about the juxtaposition of having feminist leanings yet being a stay at home mum. I have really been questioning myself and also how someone like me would be viewed in society. Then this popped up and I couldn’t have put it better myself http://www.butwhymummywhy.com/2013/05/05/can-a-stay-at-home-mum-really-be-a-feminist/
4. What have written that you were most proud of?
It is not crafting or thrifting related, and it hasn’t had that many views but I spent a lot of time thinking about this post about best friends. Like most of us I only have a handful of people who I could really call close friends and this was a sort of love letter to them and to best friends everywhere really. http://hannahphilpott.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/an-ode-to-best-friends/
5. What has been the most helpful thing to you in terms of writing?
The answer to this question is being left alone which is a rare thing when you have two small children. So I try to fit in crafting and writing when they are at school and pre-school (as well as food shopping, housework and cooking)
And weirdly by not asking for a second opinion. I would never post anything if I got second opinions. I don’t like being told what it is I am trying to say. I know what I want to say. So I tend to keep my posts close to my chest until they are published.
6. How often do you write?
I know that there is a lot of advice out there to have a blog schedule. Which I have tried but I find it a bit stifling, and there is a very real danger that I could just fill a page with drivel (I’m pretty sure I have) if I haven’t got anything to say. So I do try to post roughly twice a week. Though in reality they are a bit more like buses. You might not see one for a week, then three come at once. Like the week the children had Chicken Pox.
7. Do you have a blog post in your back pocket?
I did have when I started, but I have used them all now. I do have a list of post ideas knocking around in one of my notebooks, so I should really dig that out.
8. Wine or Gin
I do love wine. A lot. But sometimes there is nothing more refreshing than a glass of ol mothers ruin!
9. Twitter or Facebook.
Facebook for keeping up with old friends and family. Twitter for networking and talking to people with similar interests.
10. What’s for dinner tonight I’m starving
Left over pork in cider with homemade dumplings. Wintery I know, but so is this weather!
So that is me. The Blogs I would like to nominate are
1. http://makedomum1.blogspot.co.uk/ I love checking out all of her thrifty finds. She has a really good eye.
2. http://buttonsandpaint.blogspot.co.uk/ Lots of lovely, craft ideas. I am particularly in love with her thread sketched notebook cover
3. http://www.butwhymummywhy.com/?wref=bif I am new to this blog but having read her awesome piece on the feminist stay at home Mum, I am a new convert.
4. http://jennyvintage.wordpress.com/ A local blogger. I recognise a lot of the places she visits and some I have never heard of. Which inspires me to get out there.
5. http://www.samanthaschofield.co.uk/ This lovely lady has invited me to write a guest post for her blog
So if you fancy participating these are my questions for you.
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. What motivates you to blog regularly?
3. How has your blog developed or changed since you first started?
4. Do you think you could improve on anything? If so what?
5. What would your ideal Saturday night consist of?
6. What is your favourite quote?
7. Who inspires you?
8. If you could be any person, dead or alive. Who would you like to be for a day?
9. What song will get you on the dance floor every single time?
10. What book are you reading at the moment?